Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Journalism Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online journalism programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online journalism programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Over 26 accredited online journalism programs are offered at the 89 online schools in the US. These accredited online journalism schools have an enrollment of an estimated 193,476 students. The admission rate for students who apply to these online journalism colleges is 69%. This means that 69 out of every 100 students who apply for admission to enroll in online journalism courses receive admission.

These schools offer online journalism classes at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in journalism
  • Bachelor's degree in journalism
  • Master's degree in journalism
  • Certificate in journalism

Accredited online journalism schools offer 5 online journalism certificate programs, 5 online journalism associate's degree programs and 8 online journalism bachelor's degree programs for students to select from. Also, there is 8 online journalism master's degree programs.

Of the 193,476 students enrolled in online journalism classes, 46% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 54% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online journalism programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online journalism degree or certificate.

Of the various professions online journalism college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as a journalist. Accredited online journalism school graduates may also choose to pursue a career such as a photojournalist. Journalism degree and certificate holders can expect to earn a yearly salary anywhere from $15,490 to $118,580, depending on factors such as personal qualifications, large or small employer, or educational qualifications. For example, journalists earn an average salary of $36,186 per year, while photojournalists, earn an average salary of $32,159 per year.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking journalism courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a journalism program in your state
Not interested in journalism? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer journalism related subjects

Browse online journalism programs

Browse online journalism programs


Online Journalism Programs Offered

  • Freelance Writer - The Penn Foster Career School Online Freelance Writer program teaches students how to approach freelance writing with different writing techniques, proper use of source referencing and a overview of the different elements of writing style. The Online Freelance Writer program also helps students produce their own resume and offers tips on how to successfully receive commissions, attract clientele and comply with copyright laws as a working freelance writer. Successful students complete 6 instruction sets plus supplemental writing exercises.