Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Language Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online language programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online language programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Approximately 89 online schools exist in the US. Of these schools, about 176 offer accredited online language programs. There are approximately 1,822,596 students enrolled in these accredited online language schools. These online language colleges have an admission rate of approximately 72%. In other words, 18 out of every 25 applicants receive admission in online language courses.

Students can take online language classes at the following degree and certificate levels:

  • Associate's degree in language
  • Bachelor's degree in language
  • Master's degree in language
  • Doctoral degree in language
  • Certificate in language

Accredited online language schools offer a variety of online language programs for students to choose from. They offer 86 online language certificate programs, 42 online language associate's degree programs and 153 online language bachelor's degree programs. And these schools offer 51 online language master's degree programs for students to choose from and 1 online language doctoral degree program.

Of the 1,822,596 students enrolled in online language classes, 32% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 68% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online language programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online language degree or certificate.

Of the various professions online language college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as a language professional. Accredited online language school graduates may also choose to pursue a career as a sign language interpreter or an english as a second language instructor, among other options. Salary earned by those with language degrees or certificates depends on factors such as shift timings, personal qualifications, or the specific employer. Salary can be in the range of $15,600 to $163,070 per year. It is interesting to note that while language professionals earn $60,014 per annum, on average, sign language interpreters earn an average salary of $42,074 and english as a second language instructors earn $60,966 per year on average.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking language courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a language program in your state
Not interested in language? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer language related subjects

Browse online language programs