Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Medical Billing Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online medical billing programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online medical billing programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

There are 92 online schools in the US offering over 165 accredited online medical billing programs. These accredited online medical billing schools have an enrollment of an estimated 321,813 students. These online medical billing colleges admit students into online medical billing courses at a rate of 3 out of every 4 applicants.

These schools offer online medical billing classes at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in medical billing
  • Certificate in medical billing

Accredited online medical billing schools offer a variety of online medical billing programs for students to choose from. They offer 132 online medical billing certificate programs and 33 online medical billing associate's degree programs.

Of the 321,813 students enrolled in online medical billing classes, 48% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 52% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online medical billing programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online medical billing degree or certificate.

After graduation, online medical billing college graduates can choose from careers such as a medical biller. Salary earned by those with medical billing degrees or certificates depends on factors such as location, educational qualifications, or job duties. Salary can be in the range of $16,180 to $64,390 per year. On average, medical billers earn $30,891 per year.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking medical billing courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a medical billing program in your state
Not interested in medical billing? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer medical billing related subjects

Browse online medical billing programs


Online Medical Billing Programs Offered


Online Medical Billing Programs Offered

Browse online medical billing programs


Online Medical Billing Programs Offered

  • Medical Coding and Billing - The Penn Foster Career School Online Medical Coding and Billing program contains dual discipline coursework, mixing in medical terminology knowledge, step-by-step look at the medical billing procedure and training in the uniform medical coding systems. Students of the Online Medical Coding and Billing program go on to receive certification from the AHIMA and can seek employment as certified professional coders in billing departments for insurance and health care companies. The curriculum contains 9 and requires access to Microsoft Word and Excel software.

Online Medical Billing Programs Offered


Online Medical Billing Programs Offered