Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Nursing Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online nursing programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online nursing programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

In the US, there are over 255 online schools that offer approximately 355 accredited online nursing programs. There are approximately 2,202,281 students enrolled in these accredited online nursing schools. These online nursing colleges have an admission rate of approximately 62%. In other words, 31 out of every 50 applicants receive admission in online nursing courses.

These schools offer online nursing classes at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in nursing
  • Bachelor's degree in nursing
  • Master's degree in nursing
  • Doctoral degree in nursing
  • Certificate in nursing

Accredited online nursing schools offer 81 online nursing certificate programs, 73 online nursing associate's degree programs and 73 online nursing bachelor's degree programs for students to choose from. In addition, at the graduate level, students may choose from one of 24 online nursing master's degree programs or 104 online nursing doctoral degree programs.

Of the 2,202,281 students enrolled in online nursing classes, 37% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 63% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online nursing programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online nursing degree or certificate.

Of the various professions online nursing college graduates can choose from, one of the most popular is as a nurse. Accredited online nursing school graduates may also choose to pursue a career as a licensed practical nurse or a family nurse practitioner, among other options. Salary earned by those with nursing degrees or certificates depends on factors such as the exact job, the specific employer, or educational qualifications. Salary can be in the range of $15,470 to $166,260 per year. It is interesting to note that while nurses earn $60,056 per annum, on average, licensed practical nurses earn an average salary of $39,968 and family nurse practitioners earn $74,618 per year on average.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking nursing courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a nursing program in your state
Not interested in nursing? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer nursing related subjects

Browse online nursing programs


Online Nursing Programs Offered

  • PhD - Nursing Education - The Capella University Online PhD in Nursing Education program teaches advanced theories in nursing as well as teaching strategies, curriculum design and evaluation, and classroom assessment strategies. An Online PhD in Nursing Education prepares students to move to leadership positions in nursing or teach nursing at a college or university. This degree uses the Core Competencies for Nurse Educators found on the Certified Nurse Educator exam and requires 120 credit hours of study for completion.