Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Physical Therapy Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online physical therapy programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online physical therapy programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Approximately 89 online schools exist in the US. Of these schools, about 31 offer accredited online physical therapy programs. These accredited online physical therapy schools have approximately 308,588 students enrolled. The admission rate for students who apply to these online physical therapy colleges is 69%. This means that 69 out of every 100 students who apply for admission to enroll in online physical therapy courses receive admission.

Online physical therapy classes are available at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in physical therapy
  • Bachelor's degree in physical therapy
  • Doctoral degree in physical therapy
  • Certificate in physical therapy

Accredited online physical therapy schools offer a variety of online physical therapy programs for students to choose from. They offer 3 online physical therapy certificate programs, 11 online physical therapy associate's degree programs and 3 online physical therapy bachelor's degree programs. And these schools have 0 online physical therapy master's degree programs for students to choose from and 26 online physical therapy doctoral degree programs. Also, there are 26 online physical therapy doctoral's degree programs.

Of the 308,588 students enrolled in online physical therapy classes, 39% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 61% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online physical therapy programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online physical therapy degree or certificate.

After graduation, online physical therapy college graduates can choose from careers such as a physical therapist. And those with physical therapy degrees and certificates can expect to earn a salary in the range of $16,990 to $160,900 per annum. Exact salary will depend on factors such as the exact job, previous work experience, or shift timings. Physical therapists earn $76,791 per annum, on average.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking physical therapy courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a physical therapy program in your state
Not interested in physical therapy? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer physical therapy related subjects

Browse online physical therapy programs


Online Physical Therapy Programs Offered

  • Physical Therapy Aide - The Penn Foster Career School Online Physical Therapy Aide program explores traditional and cutting edge therapeutic modalities and arms students with the understanding in medical terminology and human physiology to assist therapists in rehabilitating patients. State licensure is not required to practice physical Therapy Aide, therefore graduates of the Physical Therapy Aide program can seem immediate employment or internship work at public health care centers with a specialized physical therapy department. The program features 5 instruction sets and assists student’s learning with DVD and CD aids.