Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Physics Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online physics programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online physics programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Approximately 89 online schools exist in the US. Of these schools, about 19 offer accredited online physics programs. These accredited online physics schools have approximately 236,971 students enrolled. These online physics colleges admit students into online physics courses at a rate of 16 out of every 25 applicants.

Students can take online physics classes at the following degree and certificate levels:

  • Associate's degree in physics
  • Bachelor's degree in physics
  • Master's degree in physics
  • Doctoral degree in physics
  • Certificate in physics

Accredited online physics schools offer a variety of online physics programs for students to select from. They offer 7 online physics certificate programs, 7 online physics associate's degree programs and 5 online physics bachelor's degree programs. And these schools offer 10 online physics master's degree programs for students to choose from and 1 online physics doctoral degree program.

Of the 236,971 students enrolled in online physics classes, 44% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 56% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online physics programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online physics degree or certificate.

Online physics college graduates can choose from a variety of professions including a physicist. Salary earned by those with physics degrees or certificates depends on factors such as job duties, previous work experience, or large or small employer. Salary can be in the range of $35,850 to $163,240 per year. On average, physicists earn $110,178 per year.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking physics courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a physics program in your state
Not interested in physics? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer physics related subjects

Browse online physics programs


Online Physics Programs Offered

  • B.A. in Science (5-12 Physics) - The Western Governors University Online B.A. in Science (Physics, 5-12) program allows students to learn the skills necessary to become a high school physics teacher, including advanced physics, teaching techniques and general science knowledge. The program, which develops the student’s knowledge of physics through courses such as Integrated Physics and Physics: Waves and Optics, is accredited by NCATE. The Online B.A. in Science (Physics, 5-12) program consists of 121-credit hours as well as a home science lab.