Quick Degree Finder
CollegeAtHome.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.
Science Schools

The Top 3 Online Schools: Get Free Info

  • Walden University Btn_top_more_info
  • Capella University Btn_top_more_info
  • American Intercontinental University Btn_top_more_info
Ad Cliff Notes Ad Open Course

Interested in online science programs?

Browse through our programs below! We offer online science programs on every level. Take a look and request information for free!

Approximately 89 online schools exist in the US. Of these schools, about 251 offer accredited online science programs. These accredited online science schools have an enrollment of an estimated 3,373,898 students. The admission rate for students who apply to these online science colleges is 67%. This means that 67 out of every 100 students who apply for admission to enroll in online science courses receive admission.

These schools offer online science classes at the following levels:

  • Associate's degree in science
  • Bachelor's degree in science
  • Master's degree in science
  • Doctoral degree in science
  • Certificate in science

Students attending accredited online science schools may choose from over 54 online science certificate programs, 32 online science associate's degree programs and 109 online science bachelor's degree programs. And these schools have 359 online science master's degree programs for students to choose from and 4 online science doctoral degree programs.

Of the 3,373,898 students enrolled in online science classes, 43% graduate in a timely fashion. The remaining 57% of students who are enrolled in an accredited online science programs either drop out or take an inordinate amount of time to complete their online science degree or certificate.

Online science college graduates can choose from a variety of professions including a science professional, an environmental scientist or a biology professor. Salary earned by those with science degrees or certificates depends on factors such as seniority, educational qualifications, or job duties. Salary can be in the range of $15,640 to $165,550 per year. For example, science professionals earn an average salary of $75,330 per year, while environmental scientists, earn an average salary of $61,346 per year.

Disclaimer: The data used above represents both online and offline offerings. Data for only online schools is not readily available. However, this data can give students a basic picture of what to expect.

Consider taking science courses at a traditional college or university?
Browse and find a science program in your state
Not interested in science? Explore some related subjects to learn more!
Browse and find schools that offer science related subjects

Browse online science programs

Browse online science programs


Online Science Programs Offered

  • B.A. in Science (5-12 Biological Science) - The Western Governors University Online B.A. in Science (Biological Science, 5-12) program provides students with an overview of topics such as advanced biology, general science and biology teaching methods. Students enrolled in this program should have a considerable science background and the desire to teach biology professionally, though classes such as Life Science Lab and Mathematics for Scientists assist those with little scientific background. The Online B.A. in Science (Biological Science, 5-12) program, which prepares graduates to teach at the middle school or high school level, includes 121-credit hours.
  • B.A. in Science (5-12 Chemistry) - The Western Governors University Online B.A. in Science (Chemistry, 5-12) program teaches students skills related to science teaching methods, advanced chemistry and general science. The Online B.A. in Science (Chemistry, 5-12) program, which includes courses such as Classroom Management, Geochemistry and Biochemistry, is accredited by the NCATE and prepares students to work as high school chemistry teachers. The program includes 122-credit hours, minus those transferred from prior college experience.
  • B.A. in Science (5-12 Geosciences)
  • B.A. in Science (5-12 Physics) - The Western Governors University Online B.A. in Science (Physics, 5-12) program allows students to learn the skills necessary to become a high school physics teacher, including advanced physics, teaching techniques and general science knowledge. The program, which develops the student’s knowledge of physics through courses such as Integrated Physics and Physics: Waves and Optics, is accredited by NCATE. The Online B.A. in Science (Physics, 5-12) program consists of 121-credit hours as well as a home science lab.
  • B.A. in Science (5-9)

Online Science Programs Offered